October 4, 2010

"INNAWADFOODBALLLL!!!"

Tonight as I shut the door from putting Jonah to bed, he started to cry.  Generally, he goes right to sleep, other nights he'll talk to himself for a while.  Tonight he just cried louder and louder.  I went back in to see what the matter was.  He was trying really hard to tell me something.  Actually, he was telling me something and I was trying really hard to understand him.  I rocked him, put him back in bed and he cried.  I left him for a few minutes, he kept crying.  I went back in, turned on the light and asked him to show me what he wants (this technique often clears up my misunderstanding what he's trying to tell me).  He lead me to the back door and told me he wanted to, "GO OUT".  Okay, so we went out.  We discussed how everything is sleeping, including the sun, and that he needed  to be in bed too.  He agreed we should go back in.  As we walk back in, he started insisting a Popsicle.  I promised him one first thing tomorrow morning.  He gave another round of night-night kisses and as we headed past the TV to his room..."INNAWADFOODBALLLL!!!".  Yep, he added wanting to watch football to his list of bedtime stalls.  We laughed, he didn't.  We resaid his prayers and he laid down without a peep.

We're definitely in trouble with this one....

No comments: